Exciting news!

   
Today, I have some fantastic news to share! As I'm sure you've all seen over the past few months, I've been having a really, REALLY hard time at work. I've held in here as long as I could, but it's been enormously difficult. Well, a few weeks ago, I applied for a new job.


You guys know how I've been talking about the Irving Public Library all the time? They're the ones who hosted Heather L. Reid, Mary Gray, and Julie Murphy's debut parties. They host author panels all the time like Beneath the Surface and the SWEAT tour in 2013 and the Dark Days of Summer tour and a ton of other events I have yet to recap like the Dangerous Creatures and Young World tours and the Spark a Reaction panels and Let's Get Lost tours that I got to moderate. In March, they're hosting the North Texas Teen Book Festival, which will be a MASSIVE ya festival celebrating ya lit culture and its readers.

Well...Irving had an open position, and I applied. And today...I got the call. I'm in (conditional on all those official job-y things one has to do). Do you know what that means?

MARY IS NOW A LIBRARIAN


Um, sort of. Technically, I'll be a senior library assistant, but the point is, I get to work in a library. I'll be working a desk, but I'll also get to plan programs, which is AWESOME (and that includes NTX Teen!!!!!!). I am so so so so happy about this! 

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! MARY! That is AMAZING! I'm so happy for you! That will be such a better working environment, and not to mention it's freaking IPL!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS SO AWESOME YAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congratulations Mary!!! You have the job of a lifetime :) Enjoy every min and don't forget to celebrate!!! You deserve it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy for you!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats!! Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mary! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome and exciting! Not only is it a great sounding job, it's nice that you won't have to deal with the awful stress of your job anymore. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous! I want to work in a library badly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, congrats! I'm applying for my MLiS degree currently. I have a longgg way to go to get to where you are! I'm so excited for you! ^_^ congrats!

    ReplyDelete