List of January reads
Erin Albert - The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1)
Jennifer L. Armentrout - White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1)
Brodi Ashton - Evertrue (Everneath #3)
Meg Cabot - She Went All the Way
Tera Lynn Childs - "Pretty in Pearls" (Just My Fins #3.5)
Gayle Forman - Just One Day (Just One Day #1) audiobook
Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - These Broken Stars (These Broken Stars #1) audiobook
Melissa Landers - Alienated (Alienated #1)
J. Lynn - Be With Me (Wait for You #2)
Marissa Meyer - "The Little Android" (Lunar Chronicles #2.5)
Julie Murphy - Side Effects May Vary
Beth Pond - Podium Finish
Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1)
Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl audiobook
Megan Shepherd - Her Dark Curiosity (Madman's Daughter #2)
Victoria Scott - Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood #1)
Laini Taylor - Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) audiobook
- Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) audiobook
Kasie West - The Distance Between Us
February releases I'm excited about:
Alienated by Melissa Landers (I already read it & loved it!): 4th
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (duh): 4th
Cress by Marissa Meyer (also duh. Also read it & loved it!): 4th
Be With Me by J. Lynn (GIVE ME THE JASE): 4th
Split Second by Kasie West: 11th
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith (#need): 11th
Perfect Lies by Kiersten White: 11th
Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg (WOO HOO): 25th
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott (SO good!): 25th
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens: 25th
Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick: 27th
The Geography of You and Me - Jennifer E. Smith
#scandal - Sarah Ockler
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but I'm just going to gloss over these really quickly.
1. Post more reviews: I posted reviews this month. It's better but still not good enough. I'm going to try to review more quickly after I finish and see if that helps.
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: Didn't even try. Will be better in February!
3. Read 150 books: So far, so good. According to Goodreads, I'm at 17. This is slightly off because I don't keep track of rereads (unless it's an audibook) on there. I leave my books with the original dates read.
4. Reread 20 books: Also doing really well. I include audiobooks in this number since I only listen to books I've previously read. So far I've reread 6!
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: I've completed 5!
6. Read 5 classics: I haven't started on this one yet, but I'm going to try in February, which is why The Outsiders is on my February TBR.
7. Blog redesign: Not time yet. Maybe in late spring I can finally get to this. After TLA, perhaps.
8. Make more blogger friends: I think it's working! I'm talking with new people all the time! I was great at commenting at the beginning of January, but then work got crazy. It's a work in progress.
9. Read at the gym: I DID finally get my membership so this is going to start happening!
10. Be more organized: Also a work in progress. I very famously (well, famous for me) organized my "homeless" books (aka all the books that didn't have a home on a shelf or even in a box) in my room, and I have everything ready for all my upcoming events. Now I'm working on organizing digitally.
Challenge Progress:I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:
2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 1/15
Series Challenge: 5/12
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 6/25 (I have the ability to increase this goal, but I'm waiting to see)
Real Book Challenge: 7 of 21-30 (can also increase this goal, but also not sure yet
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12
TBR Pile Challenge: 9 of 11-20 (can and probably will increase my goal)
A-Z Challenge: 4/26
Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 32/52
50 Countries Challenge: 18/50
YA Challenge: 3/25