I read quite a bit, but I need to do better with the blog again. I started out like gangbusters and then fell off the wagon.
List of April reads
Anne Blankman - Prisoner of Night & Fog (Prisonger of Night & Fog #1)
Jen Calonita - Belles (Belles #1) audiobook
Kiera Cass - The Selection Stories (The Selection #2.5)
- The One (The Selection #3)
Abbi Glines - Bad for You (Sea Breeze #7)
Jenny Han - To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys... #1)
Rachel Harris - My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet... #3)
Leila Howland - Nantucket Red (Nantucket Blue #2)
Tahereh Mafi - Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3)
Johnston McCulley - The Mark of Zorro audiobook
Katie McGarry - Red at Night
J.K. Rock - Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend #1)
- Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend #2)
Gabrielle Zevin - In the Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3) audiobook
May releases I'm excited about:
The Chapel Wars - Lindsey Leavitt
The One - Kiera Cass
Wish You Were Italian - Kristin Rae
The Warrior - Victoria Scott
Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson
After the End - Amy Plum
Biggest Flirts - Jennifer Echols
The Art of Lainey - Paula Stokes
City of Heavenly Fire (It is about FRIGGING time!)
I need to make up for some of the ones I missed in April!
Dreams of Gods & Monsters - Laini Taylor (started reading this one, but because it's so big, I'm going to savor rather than binge)
The Forever Song - Julie Kagawa
The Treatment - Suzanne Young
In the Shadows - Jim di Bartolo & Kiersten White
What I Thought Was True - Huntley Fitzpatrick
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but I'm just going to gloss over these really quickly.
1. Post more reviews: *unfunny laughter*
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: *headdesk*
3. Read 150 books: 57. I'm still ahead of pace, but I need to do better.
4. Reread 20 books: 15.
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: 14.
6. Read 5 classics: Nope nope nope
7. Blog redesign: As I mentioned last month, I'm making this a second-half-of-2014 goal.
8. Make more blogger friends: Because I met a lot of bloggers face-to-face at TLA, I consider this a success. Also, I have become a lot closer to blogger friends I already have, which is awesome. You know who you are, and you guys rock!
9. Read at the gym: I know of a really good cheap gym nearby so I'm hoping I'll have something to report in May's wrap-up!
10. Be more organized: HA.
Challenge Progress:I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:
2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 6/15
Series Challenge: 19/12 COMPLETED!
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 18/25 I'm working on actually getting the reviews done for these now
Real Book Challenge: 26 of 21-30. Definitely need to increase this goal
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12 I missed March and April :(
TBR Pile Challenge: 20 of 11-20 BAM! Time to up that goal!
A-Z Challenge: 8/26
Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 33/52
50 Countries Challenge: 19/50
YA Challenge: 8/25