Happy Halloweek, everyone!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week the girls at B&B think up a fun theme, and participating bloggers post their favorite 10 books in that category. This week's theme is
Top Ten Scariest Covers
Because I'm not one to really get scared by a book, it took a little research to find covers that I could actually consider creepy if not downright scary.
1. Asylum by Madeleine Roux. That cover is what horror movies are made of, truly.
2. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender. I get flashes of The Others with this one. Creeepy!
3. Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry. That eye. *shudders*
5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. Brenna's novels actually do scare the bejeezus out of me.
6. Ashes by Isla J. Bick. Nope, nope, nope. I'd turn this cover around on my bookshelf.
9. The Turning by Francine Prose. Again with the creepy house and an island...
9. The End Games by T. Michael Martin. The Wendigo episode of Supernatural, anyone?
10. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children & Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. This whole retro-photograph thing really freaks me the crap out. Old photos give me the willies. Staaaahp!
But, let's get real here, guys. By far, the creepiest covers I've seen all year are these. Christie Sims has made quite the name for herself as of late, but honestly, I can't decide what's more horrifying: the premise or the photoshop. Because really. #Icanttakeyouseriously*adult-ish content warning on these, just fyi
Are any of my picks likely to give you nightmares? Have some creeptastic covers of your own? Feel free to share thoughts and links!