Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week the girls at B&B think up a fun theme, and participating bloggers post their favorite 10 books in that category. This week's theme is
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions of 2014
Every year, millions of people all over the world start fresh with the new year. Many vow to give up certain bad habits and others promise to start the good ones. Usually these have something to do with health or love or work. Well, this year, I actually don't have many of those resolutions for once because I made all my 2014 resolutions of the bookish sort with the exception of #9 with is bookish PLUS health. Included in these resolutions but not explicitly stated because I did all that yesterday are my many reading challenges. Whew! It's gonna be a busy year!
1. Post more reviews. At least a couple a week. I'm a reviewer so I should definitely be posting reviews weekly. Duh. I've gotten better as the months have gone on, but I'm definitely where I should be yet.
2. This goes with #1, but I also need to create a backlist of reviews for when things get busy in RL, and I can't come up with new reviews and other content.
3. Read 150 books. 150 is my golden number. I hit it in 2012 and 2013. Clearly, it's easy for me to reach, but it's low enough that I know if life gets rough at any point, it's still a reachable goal.
4. Reread 20 books. Rereading is HARD when there are new books constantly paraded in front of me, but I want to make sure I still have time to get to old favorites and refresh my memory of series read long ago. In case you're wondering, these books include Shadow & Bone, Siege & Storm, Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Days of Blood & Starlight, Eleanor & Park, Boycotts & Barflies (man, ALL of these have & in them!), Fangirl, The Hunger Games trilogy, and many more.
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks. This definitely goes with #4 as I only listen to audiobooks that I've previously read. This is in case I zone out while driving and miss a scene. If I've already read a book, missing a scene isn't as big a deal. But if I haven't read the book before, and I miss a scene, I'm gonna spend the next 10 minutes skipping backward (but not TOO far back, of course) to find right whe---OH LOOK I JUST WRECKED MY CAR. Hence only rereading.
6. Read 5 classics. After reading approximately one billion classics in high school and college, I've left these geezers in the dust in the past few years. However, there are many I've wanted to read for a long time, and I should at least attempt to broaden my horizons again.
7. Blog redesign. I've been wanting to do a redesign for a while, and I have my eye on a designer. My problem is that right when I figured out what I wanted and who I wanted to do it...my expenses increased. So I'm saving up! It's gonna happen!
8. Make more blogger friends. That's right. I want to find more awesome book blogs out there and comment on them and make friends and be awesome together. When I started my blog, I had no idea that the blogger community was so tight. I thought it was more like I'm over doing my thing, you're over there doing you, and never the twain shall meet. NOT TRUE. Bloggers have saved my place in a signing line, bloggers have invited me into the cool group and introduced me to authors, bloggers comment on my blog, bloggers lend me books. My fellow bloggers rock. If you've got a blog, leave me your link so I can come give you some love. :)
9. Get a gym membership and read at the gym. I feel like I don't have time to work out because 80% of my free time is devoted to reading and blogging, and the remaining 20% goes to family and friends. I've brought physical books to the gym before, but now that I have a tablet, reading will be easier, and gym time will be a good way to cut down on all the digital books I'm supposed to review.
10. BE. MORE. ORGANIZED. This goes for so many things: my posts, my email (I juggle FOUR on a regular basis), my reviews, my goodreads shelves, my books, my life. In the past month alone, I've misplaced at least 4 different giveaway prizes because I put them "somewhere safe" and either forgot where that was or I moved it out of that "safe place" because it was in my way. Don't let that frighten you; I've found all of them!
Those are my top ten blogger resolutions for 2014. What's on your list? Leave me links to your TTT!