Get Up Offa That Slump: What I'd Give a Kidney For


Today is Day 2 of Beauty & the Bookshelf's Get Up Offa That Slump blogging extravaganza, and today's theme is

Bookish Things I'd Give a Kidney For

I'll get to the stuff in a minute, but first, I'd like to get a little bit personal and tell you about my family. See, my brother-in-law had failing kidneys, and my sister actually did give a kidney to her husband (a one-in-a-million match) to save his life. So while I think it's fun to joke about what I'd give up for a book/a sequel/a new series from a favorite author, please keep in mind how important organ donation really is and how much it can save a life. I definitely recommend, if you are able, to register as an organ donor. It's important. And check out this adorable video my brother made for my sister and her husband. (warning: it might make you cry)



Okay, so now onto the fun stuff!


Book Wishlist
Gemina
The Beauty of Darkness
The Goal
All Closed Off
Defending Taylor
The Rose and the Dagger 

Movie Wishlist
Just One Day
Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Dumplin
Illuminae
These Broken Stars

Abstract Book Wishlist
more Jennifer Echols books
more books with religious characters
more diversity in NA
more fluffy contemporary romance in YA


I Space Ship It blanket
from Gillian's Society6 shop























from Etsy
















from Etsy


What's on your current bookish wishlist? And feel free to share your links if you're participating in Get Up Offa That Slump!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those library pillows are great! I would also love a movie of These Broken Stars if it was done right and totally bad ass. Great list Mary!

    Rachel
    -http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2016/03/get-up-offa-that-slump-inspirational.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is the sweetest thing! I wrote about the importance of kidney health, too...although I am not affected by it personally, I know people who are. Kidney health is so important, but I feel like itʻs often overlooked as well.

    Anyway...great list! I need Gemina now, too! Also an Illuminae movie would be amazing...but it also has to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That library pillow and that Harry Potter set are SO SO SO SO SO SO COOL! EEEK!

    Have a lovely week

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/2016/03/a-blogging-extravaganza-bookish-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally looking forward to Gemina and TRatD, too! :D And an Illuminae movie! YAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. library pillows are so cute ^______^ i will add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete