Monthly wrap-up: February

February is a tough month every year. That's probably why it's short, but then, being short is part of the problem. Lose-lose. I've had some setbacks and frustrations this month in every aspect of my life, and that sent me spinning. To be very honest with you, I have depression so there were days when I didn't know if I could push myself out of bed at all, let alone read and blog and work and function like a human being. My trip was utterly restorative, however, and I had a blast meeting authors and bloggers and readers in several cities across three states. I've got a couple of really amazing pieces of news coming very soon, and I can't wait to share them with you.


And that's part of what makes March so exciting and also part of my super awesome upcoming news!

Looking back...
List of February reads

Jodi Lynn Anderson - Tiger Lily
Elizabeth Eulberg - Better Off Friends
Abbi Glines - Take a Chance (Rosemary Beach #6)
John Green & David Levithan - Will Grayson, Will Grayson audiobook
Sophie Jordan - Uninvited (Uninvited #1)
Richelle Mead - Shadow Kiss graphic novel
Megan Miranda - Hysteria
Sarah Ockler - #scandal
Veronica Rossi - Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) audiobook
Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor & Park audiobook
Leila Sales - This Song Will Save Your Life
Philip Siegel - The Break-Up Artist (Break-Up Artist #1)
Jennifer E. Smith - The Geography of You and Me
Courtney C. Stevens - Faking Normal
Kasie West - On the Fence
Kiersten White - Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2)

Looking ahead...
March releases I'm excited about:
Let the Storm Break - Shannon Messenger: 4th
The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski: 4th
Nil - Lynne Matson: 4th
Side Effects May Vary - Julie Murphy: 18th


March TBR:
February was short and I had a lot of events with books to read so I only got to two of the four books I had earmarked in my January wrap-up
We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton

Also, I want to get to these:
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
The Treatment - Suzanne Young
The Taking - Kimberly Derting
After the End - Amy Plum

Resolution Progress:
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but I'm just going to gloss over these really quickly.
1. Post more reviews: I posted 6 reviews this month, which is the same as January. Better than almost any month in 2013, but still fewer than I'd like. Part of it was the short month and my weeklong break, but I really want to be a better reviewer.
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: Nope nope nope. Will it ever happen? Let's hope March is kinder!
3. Read 150 books: Still doing well, I'm at 33 right now with a couple more sure to be finished by March 2, but this is not a resolution I'm worried about. I can hit 150 so easily in a year.
4. Reread 20 books: Still going strong! 9 down!
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: Again, doing well on this one. I'm having trouble finding new audiobooks in my library so please give me some suggestions. Part of the problem is the library has a lot of book 1 and 2, but they're missing some series enders, and that makes me not want to pick them up until I can binge-listen.
6. Read 5 classics: Didn't work, but The Outsiders is one of the first books on tap for March.
7. Blog redesign: This is still a resolution I'm going to have to wait for, but it's well worth it.
8. Make more blogger friends: YES! Working! I actually met several bloggers in the flesh this month, which was SUPER COOL, and I've struck up conversations with many people I've never talked to before.
9. Read at the gym: I'm failing miserably at this. Short month. Weeklong travel. Long work hours.
10. Be more organized: Also failing miserably. I left my blog notebook at my grandmother's house while on my trip. It's like being without my brain. Also, I brought so many books back that I'm seriously cramped for space at the moment. Today, I went on a cleaning binge so things look a bit nicer. I just have a lot more work to do in this particular arena.

Challenge Progress:
I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:

2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 4/15 (and working on #5 right now!)
Series Challenge: 9/12. There's not an option to increase this goal so this is pretty crazy. I'm already 75% finished!
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 12/25. I'm doing great with the reading, now I need to make sure to catch up with the reviews!
Real Book Challenge: 13 of 21-30
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12
TBR Pile Challenge: 15 of 11-20. Need to update my goal on this one because I'm about to pass the reach goal!
A-Z Challenge: 4/26

Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 32/52
50 Countries Challenge: 18/50
YA Challenge: 4/25

No comments:

Post a Comment