Waiting on Wednesday: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Salt & Stone
Fire & Flood #2
by Victoria Scott
Coming February 4, 2015
Scholastic Press



Summary:
What would you do to save someone you love?

In FIRE & FLOOD, Tella Holloway faced a dangerous trek through the jungle and across the desert, all to remain a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed for a chance at obtaining the Cure for her brother. She can't quit--she has to win the race, save Cody, and then fight to make sure the race stops before it can claim any more lives. In the next legs of the race, across the ocean and over mountains, Tella will face frostbite, sharks, avalanche, and twisted new rules in the race.

But what if the danger is deeper than that? How do you know who to trust when everyone's keeping secrets? What do you do when the person you'd relied on most suddenly isn't there for support? How do you weigh one life against another?

The race is coming to an end, and Tella is running out of time, resources, and strength. At the start of the race there were one hundred twenty-two Contenders. As Tella and her remaining friends start the final part of the race, just forty-one are left--and only one can win.

Why I Want It:
Crap is getting REAL in the Brimstone Bleed, and also Guy Guy Guy Guy Guy! Mkay? Great! But srsly, I love that Tella loves her brother and wants to help him. I'm really intrigued not just by what's going on in the race but also by the world Tori is building. There's some crazy conspiracy that's about to blow up, and I can't wait to get the details!

Why I think you should want it:
One thing I get tired of in YA is too-perfect heroines. A lot of people find Tella unlikable and shallow, but I found her to be flawed and REAL. If you're looking for a character who starts out not being a badass but works at becoming one, then this series is for you. Also, Tori is a wonderful, wonderful person, and if you don't know her, you should. She's the best! You can check out my full review here for more reasons why this book worked for me.

Have you read Fire & Flood yet? Are you also waiting on Salt & Stone? Share your thoughts & your WoW picks/links in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? I still have Fire and Flood on my TBR list. It looks like I need to read that one sooner than I thought. Great Pick!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-trials-by-stacey.html

    ReplyDelete