Weekly Wrap-Up: May 26 - June 1

I read (present tense, in this sentence, if you were wondering) some incredible books. Maybe I tend to grade books too highly, but I really think all the 5 stars I handed out this week were well-deserved because I read (past tense) some truly lovely novels.

Completed:
The Killer's Cousin - Nancy Werlin: 3 stars. Weird. Interesting concept, but...weird.
Burning - Elana K. Arnold: 5 stars. Gorgeous, gorgeous book. Review AND giveaway here.
Goddess - Josephine Angelini: 5 stars. PERFECT ending. Review forthcoming.
Winger - Andrew Smith: 5 stars. Utterly heartbreaking, the most sorrowful book I've read all year, and that includes Clockwork Princess. This is a must-read for everyone, everywhere. Review forthcoming.
New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 - Stephenie Meyer & Young Kim: 3 stars. I love Young Kim's artwork, I just wasn't big on some of the choices for this particular gn. Edward's disembodied head was odd as it floated around the frames.
Beauty Queens (audiobook format) - Libba Bray: 5 stars for the novel, 5 stars for the audiobook. This book is stunning. Audio review forthcoming!
Underworld (Abandon #1) - Meg Cabot: 4 stars. A solid follow-up to Abandon. Meg Cabot can hardly do wrong, as far as I'm concerned (except for Jinx, but I don't like to talk about that). Can't wait to dive into Awaken (which I can soon because Scholastic sent me an arc!!!!!!!!)

Currently Reading:
Levitating Las Vegas (Levitating Las Vegas #1) - Jennifer Echols. I adore Jennifer and all of her books. Like Meg, it's rare for her to have a miss in my eyes, but thus far I just haven't been drawn into LLV the way I was with her other novels. :( And it really makes me sad because I know this is Jen's favorite novel!
House of Night: Legacy - PC Cast & a whole slew of graphic artists. Meh. I kind of fell out of the House of Night franchise when I got tired of waiting for the next EIGHT novels. Not a fan of the art, and the stories are just kinda blah.
Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

New to my bookshelf this week:
Transparent - Natalie Whipple. Comes really, really highly recommended by some of my favorite authors. The last time I had authors recommend a book this much, I read The Hunger Games. Consider me sold.
A Really Awesome Mess - Trish Cook & Brendan Halpin.
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) - Julie Kagawa. I've been anxiously waiting since The Immortal Rules. Kagawa's vampires are awesome!
The 5th Wave (5th Wave #1) - Rick Yancey. Apparently the Must-Have It Book of the Summer. Technically I already have a copy, but I lent it to my mom. I've been waiting for my library copy for weeks!
Who Done It? - Jon Scieszka & a bunch of other awesome ya authors. I adore anthologies, and this seems like a good one. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment