Weekly wrap-up: December 8-14

This has been a really great week for me. Not only did I hit 25,000 all-time page views (which is a big deal to me), I received some AMAZING new books!

 They are so pretty!

And when I went to go see Thor: The Dark World (OMG ABS) at my favorite local theater (It's a Regal, which I love because they're HQ'd in my hometown, just fyi. Also, this particular theater has $6 Tuesdays, which is a big deal because, hello, when was the last time YOU saw a first-run movie after 7 PM for $6?!), I noticed this amazing display and it put me in such a good mood.

 Get it girls!

Completed:
"Annie and Fia" (Mind Games #0.5) - Kiersten White: 4 stars. Great prequel novella.
 In the Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3) - Gabrielle Zevin: 4 stars. A very fitting ending to this series. Full review to come.
The Art of Lainey - Paula Stokes: 5 stars. Once I had this in my hands, I couldn't not read it. There's a reason this book has so far only received 5 star reviews. LOVE!!!

Reread:
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) audiobook- Marissa Meyer & Rebecca Soler: 5 stars! Rebecca is absolutely flawless as narrator. She made sure each character had a unique, distinct voice.

Currently Reading:
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) audiobook - Marissa Meyer & Rebecca Soler. I loved the Cinder audiobook so much that I dove right into Scarlet as soon as I was done.
Being Sloane Jacobs - Lauren Morrill. SO cute! I am loving this one so far. I enjoyed Meant to Be, but if this continues to be as awesome or awesomer, it will become my favorite LM novel.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
NADA. Well, no new books, anyway. I did check out Midnight Memories aka the new One Direction album. #dontjudgeme

Bought:The season of prepping for TLA 2014 is upon me! Half Price Books has this amazing deal where, if you buy a $25 gift card, you get a $5 bonus card so...yeah, I totally buy gift cards...for myself. I do this at Kroger too because, guys, 4x the gas points = money saved at the pump! I'm gonna buy the stuff anyway. Why not get a bonus?!
Winger - Andrew Smith
Take a Bow - Elizabeth Eulberg
The Lonely Hearts Club- Elizabeth Eulberg
Princess Academy & Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
White Cat - Holly Black
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart
 Firelight - Sophie Jordan
Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
Burn for Burn & The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han

Giveaways & Contests:
The Promise of Amazing - Robin Constantine. I won this signed ARC from Meredith of Pandora's Books. Thank you!

DRCs:
Three - Kristen Simmons. HUGE thank you to Macmillan & Tor Teen for this title. I've been waiting anxiously for Three since I finished Breaking Point a few months ago. CHASE. That is all.
Manor of Secrets - Katherine Longshore. Thank you, Scholastic!
A Kiss By Design - Christy Hayes. Thanks so much, Christy!
Holly in Love - Caroline B. Cooney. Thank you, Open Road!
The Longest Whale Song - Jacqueline Wilson. Thank you, Random House UK!
The Ever After of Ella and Micha - Jessica Sorensen. Thank you, Forever Publishing!
Dead Beautiful - Yvonne Woon. Thank you, Disney-Hyperion!
Sneaking Candy - Lisa Burstein. Thanks, Entangled!! <3

ARCs:
The Art of Lainey - Paula Stokes. I am on Paula's street team, #TeamLainey, and miracle of miracles, I won our first in-team giveaway for this beauty. I had been planning to wait, but I couldn't stop myself from devouring it immediately!

6 comments:

  1. ooh vampire academy! cannot wait for that movie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the advertising for the Vampire Academy movie is just to die for....I'm only slightly excited though. I'm worried...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start prepping for Nashville! (: Soooo excited! I've already told Tim I will be there cause my Mary is coming!!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great week :)
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bought some fantastic books! Enjoy!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete