Monthly wrap-up: June 2014

Oh. my. gosh. Definitely the worst reading month for me this year. I haven't been able to find good reading time or write posts. I don't feel guilty about needing to concentrate on work right now. I just miss reading. I miss talking with you guys about books and just life in general. :( I hope your month was much better!

Looking back...
List of June reads

Rachael Allen - 17 First Kisses

Cassandra Clare - City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments #4) audiobook
Sonia Gensler - The Dark Between

Julie Kagawa - The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3)
Katie McGarry - Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4)

Veronica Roth - Divergent (Divergent #1) audiobook

Looking ahead...
July releases I'm excited about:
Wildflower - Alecia Whitaker
Wild - Alex Mallory
The Kiss of Deception - Mary E. Pearson
Earthquake - Aprilynne Pike
Breathe, Annie, Breathe - Miranda Kenneally
Just Like the Movies - Kelly Fiore
Dissonance - Erica O'Rourke
The Young World - Chris Weitz
SILVER #%@$ing SHADOWS - Richelle Mead

July TBR:
Let's keep this simple. I have some series that need finishing.
Dreams of Gods & Monsters - Laini Taylor
City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
Ruin & Rising - Leigh Bardugo
Allegiant - Veronica Roth

Audiobooks:
Insurgent - Veronica Roth
Anna & the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
Cress - Marissa Meyer


Resolution Progress:
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but here's a monthly update full of fail! ;) (not entirely as I WAS able to finish a couple!)
1. Post more reviews: Nope nope nope
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: *unfunny laughter*
3. Read 150 books: Goodreads says I'm at 78 which is not where I want to be.
4. Reread 20 books: DONE
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: Need to check on my list because one thing says 18, another says 20...
6. Read 5 classics: *le sigh* I've got time, but I should have read a couple already. 
7. Blog redesign: Aiming for August, September max.
8. Make more blogger friends: I do feel like I've made some strides in this. I've become closer with some bloggers I've always admired!
9. Read at the gym: Oh, this is a cute resolution. Lolz.
10. Be more organized: Working on it! My books have been sorted, now to organize my paperwork and swag and other such things. Also, I need to do a bit of grunt work on past posts.

Challenge Progress:
I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:

2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 8/15 However, I've completed some that weren't on my initial list so I should go update.
Series Challenge: 25/12 Kicked this challenge's ass! BOO YAH!
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 26/25 DONE, SON! Now to catch up on all those reviews!
Real Book Challenge: 35 of 21-30 Need to work on reviews and then I'll increase my goal!
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12 I've pretty much stopped doing this one.
TBR Pile Challenge: 20 of 11-20 34 of 31-40 Reviews reviews review
A-Z Challenge: 9/26 Hmmm, I need to get my butt in gear on this one. It's usually one of my favorites!

And, call me crazy, but I ADDED a new challenge this month. However, as you can see, it wasn't one that was too much of a trial seeing as I was already doing it anyway.

YA Audiobook Challenge: 18/24 Must do reviews!

Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 33/52
50 Countries Challenge: 19/50
YA Challenge: 7/25


1 comment:

  1. I didn't feel like I was that good at blogging or reading in June. But, I was able to finish a few books that I was halfway through for the longest time, do I guess that was good.

    ReplyDelete