Top Ten Books of 2014 I am Figuratively Dying to Read
In the land of the Book Shimmy Awards, these are the books that I would cut a B to have early. This list is actually much, much larger, but I decided to go with choices that have covers or at least placeholders thus far. Rest assured that The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa is also here as well as several others.
1. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. #TeamAdam, ftw. If you are Team Warner, plz stahp. I worry about you.
2. Evertrue by Brodi Ashton. THE FEELS. This is definitely one of my favorite ya romances ever. Nikki and Jack NEED a happily ever after!
3. Three by Kristen Simmons. I just really want to know how this is going to wrap up!
4. Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo. Sensing a theme? Lots of series enders in 2014! This series is so intense. It drives me crazy in the best way. Well played, Bardugo!
5. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. See the above gif.
6. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Like this isn't on your list. BRING ME NOAH
OR BRING ME DEATH. Actually, just give me Noah, kplz&thx.
7. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead. Knowing how Fiery Heart was going to play out didn't make it any easier to read. The only thing running through my mind is the scene from Rocky, when he's all "ADRIAAAAAAAN!" One of only two novels on this list that aren't the final book in a series, SS will pick up after a fairly significant cliffie, which means I need this stat. Too bad there's no getting around that July pub date. *pout*
8. Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith. I just want to point out this is the only standalone on the list. I felt very passionately about Winger this year, which made Andrew Smith a must-read author for me. People (very, very cruel people) have been talking about this book for months. I really just want to know what all the fuss is about! I feel like I'm the nerd gawking at the cool table!
9. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. I am so ready for TMI to FINALLY be over! I've been a in perpetual state of waiting since about 2009. PS S&S, can we please have the final cover now?!
10. Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor. I just read the novella "Night of Cake and Puppets" which is kinda spin-off-y. It takes place during Daughter of Smoke & Bone, but doesn't cover the main action. Instead, it chronicles two of the less-major (because they're not minor, but not the MCs) players, but it stoked my need for Laini's lovely writing!