Weekly wrap-up: December 22-28

I hope all of you had a fantastic Christmas week. I got a lot of reading done in the first half, but I had to work all the second half, which was utterly exhausting. You guys remember how stressed I was over the summer? Yeah, I'm doing that exact job again over the holidays. Also, I contracted the plague because of my close proximity to children who touch everything at my place of employment with their adorable but grubby little hands. However, I still had a lovely week in which I learned that I will 100% be attending the TLA 2014 conference, which was my big Christmas present. Did you get any new books this week? Or have big bookish news? Let me know in the comments!

Completed:
Misbehaving (Sea Breeze #6) - Abbi Glines: 3 stars. After the disaster that was Simple Perfection, I really didn't think I'd be giving Abbi's books another go. However, I'm glad I did. This was a fun little romance. It IS pretty derivative, but then, Abbi's books do have a formula that seems to be working for her. It is what it is. Those of us who read romance don't always need the most original book anyway.
Infinite - Jodi Meadows: 5 stars. This is totally bittersweet for me. I LOVE this book, but I'm really sad that Newsoul is over. Also, this installment is one big roller coaster; my emotions were all over the place! Basically, you need to read it as soon as possible.

Currently Reading:
Three - Kristen Simmons. CHASE TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF! Ahem.
Just One Day audiobook - Gayle Forman

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange & Deadly #1) - Susan Dennard
Dark Star (Dark Star #1) - Bethany Frenette
Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings (Real Mermaids #1) - Hélène Boudreau
Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson
These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) audiobook - Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner + Jonathan McClain, Cynthia Holloway & Sarge Anton. !!!!! So excited to listen to the audio!

Bought:
It's Not Summer Without You - Jenny Han (HPB)
Red Glove - Holly Black (HPB)
Black Heart - Holly Black (HPB)
The Sing-off - Sarah Billington (Kindle)

Gift:
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 - Stephenie Meyer & Young Kim

DRCs:
Thank you to Entangled for these three lovelies!
Falling for her Soldier - Ophelia London (Bliss)
Love Songs for the Road - Farrah Taylor (Bliss)
Kiss Me at Midnight - Diane Alberts (Flaunt)
Defy - Sarah B. Larson. Thank you, Scholastic!

ARCs:
Fire & Flood - Victoria Scott !!!!!! THANK YOU, SCHOLASTIC!

3 comments:

  1. CHASE TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF!??!?!! yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fallon Vaughn - joefallon1@yahoo.com

    That is awesome you got Fire & Flood. I cant wait to read it. I just got the Syrenka series by Amber Garr. Great mermaid books. I also tecieved Submerged by Nicole Sobon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I have TBS audiobook downloaded from the library. I didn't realise it was this awesome! Can't wait! (:

    ReplyDelete