Top Ten Tuesday #38: Favorite Contemporary Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week the girls at B&B think up a fun theme, and participating bloggers post their favorite 10 books in that category. This week's theme is

Top Books in the Contemporary Genre
Technically, today's theme is top books in X genre, but my X genre is contemporary, which has always been a favorite of mine.








Normally, I go through my TTT picks individually and describe what about each of them makes me love them, but today, I'm just going to say that I love all these books for so many very different reasons. Strong kickbutt spy girls and confused but adorable teen boys. Intense lusty romance and sweet, innocent first love; Good friends who become something more and strangers with an intense immediate attraction. Quirky humor and serious life stuff. Shallow beauty queens who become tough wilderness-surviving feminists and pageant-hating feminists who realize there's nothing wrong with loving some lip gloss and a cute pair of shoes. These books are wildly different and at times fantastic in scope, but they all capture parts of the reality of being a teen today, even if you're only a teen at heart.

Those are my contemporary picks for today. What would you put on your contemporary list? Or, what genre did you pick for today and what books were on it? Let me know in the comments & feel free to share your links!

2 comments:

  1. Winger and Fangirl would be on my Contemporary list too!! I really want to read The Ghallager girls series soon as well. Great List :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gallagher Girls series! (I was so sad when it ended) Also loved Dare You To and Just Like Fate :-)

    ReplyDelete