Monthly wrap-up: March

Ugh. March was rough. Really, really rough. I had a hard time reading; I had difficulty blogging. The good news is that I am over my slump, and I've got TLA coming up in a couple weeks so things are looking GOOD! Hope your March was better than mine & that April will better!

Looking back...
List of March reads

Noelle August - Boomerang (Boomerang #1)
Romily Bernard - Find Me (Find Me #1)
Jessica Brody - Unremembered (Unremembered #1)
Meg Cabot - Airhead (Airhead #1) audiobook
Jen Calonita - Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines #2)
Kiera Cass - The Elite (The Selection #2)
Emery Lord - Open Road Summer
Stephanie Perkins - Lola & the Boy Next Door (Anna #2) audiobook
Courtney C. Stevens - "The Blue-Haired Boy" (Faking Normal #0.5)
Tamara Ireland Stone - Time Between Us (Time Between Us #1)

Looking ahead...
April releases I'm excited about:

Salvage - Alexandra Duncan: 1st
Dorothy Must Die - Danielle Paige: 1st
Dreams of Gods and Monsters - Laini Taylor: 8th
The Treatment - Suzanne Young: 8th
Noggin - John Corey Whaley: 8th
Great - Sara Benincasa: 8th
Plus One - Elizabeth Fama: 8th
The Forever Song - Julie Kagawa: 15th
The Geography of You and Me - Jennifer E. Smith: 15th
What I Thought Was True - Huntley Fitzpatrick: 15th
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord: 15th
Prisoner of Night & Fog - Anne Blankman
To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han: 22nd
Summer State of Mind - Jen Calonita: 22nd
In the Shadows - Kiersten White & Jim Di Bartolo: 29th
Sleep No More - Aprilynne Pike: 29th
Camp Payback - J.K. Rock: 29th

April TBR:
The Taking - Kimberly Derting
Sea of Shadows - Kelley Armstrong
Wish You Were Italian - Kristin Rae
The Girl with the Windup Heart - Kady Cross
The Rules for Disappearing - Ashley Elston
The Rules for Breaking - Ashley Elston
Nantucket Red - Leila Howland

Resolution Progress:
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but I'm just going to gloss over these really quickly.
1. Post more reviews: Safe to say I failed at this miserably.
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: So. Much. Fail.
3. Read 150 books: 43. I'm ahead of pace, but not by much. This month really killed it!
4. Reread 20 books: I believe I am at 11.
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: 10. Halfway there!
6. Read 5 classics: Ugh. More fail. 
7. Blog redesign: There is currently one major roadblock to completing this goal so I'm going to aim for August on this one.
8. Make more blogger friends: I have made a lot more friends, but March slowed my roll. The good news is that I've become closer to the ones I do have. Hoping April will be better, especially since I'm going to TLA soon and can meet some of them in person!
9. Read at the gym:My gym was too expensive so screw that. Gotta go back to the drawing board on this one.
10. Be more organized: Nope nope nope.

Challenge Progress:
I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:

2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 6/15
Series Challenge: 14/12 COMPLETED!
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 15/25 I'm working on actually getting the reviews done for these now
Real Book Challenge: 19 of 21-30
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12 I missed March :(
TBR Pile Challenge: 20 of 11-20 BAM! Time to up that goal!
A-Z Challenge: 7/26

Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 33/52
50 Countries Challenge: 19/50
YA Challenge: 7/25


2 comments:

  1. Holy a lot of books batman ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you're out of your slump! That is a pretty decent amount of books to have read during a slump, at least for me it would be. And congrats on your challenge achievements! :)

    ReplyDelete