Weekly wrap-up: March 9-15

So, some cool book news: This week, my roommate asked me to start a book club for our group of friends! Our first meeting is in April, and I've already picked out our first book so here's hoping this thing is successful! I TOLD you I was on the upward slope of my reading & blogging slump. I just had a hard time readjusting post-vacation, but it's all good now. I'm having a blast with my Event Recap Month, and I've finally got my first few March reviews under my belt so I'm feeling pretty good. It weird that I get really productive when I work more hours than when I have large amounts of free time, but I'm certainly not going to complain about getting things done!

Completed:
Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines #2) - Jen Calonita: 3 stars. I was so stoked when I heard Jen was writing the sequel to Sleepaway Girls, and I actively requested this ARC from Little, Brown. I'm honestly pretty disappointed that I didn't like it more. It's a cute, light read, and definitely skews younger, but I expected more. I like both Jen's Secrets of My Hollywood Life and Belles series, and this sequel did have any of the polish or sparkle those series did. The characterization was fairly flat, and the plot was predictable, and at times both boring and too chaotic.

Reread:
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna #2) audiobook - Stephanie Perkins & Shannon McManus: 5 stars. Such a lovely surprise. I liked Lola far less than Anna during my first read, but this audiobook was an absolute delight. I felt more connected to the story. This is in part to Stephanie's awesome writing and how well it translates to audio form (not everything does as well in audio), but also Shannon's narration, which was impeccable. Love love LOVE! Full review coming soon.

Currently Reading:
Airhead (Airhead #1) audiobook - Meg Cabot. I love Meg's signature cutaways and slightly rambly style, but it doesn't translate very well into audio because you lose the thread of the original thought at times.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Panic - Lauren Oliver

Bought:
I know this is really hard to believe, but I didn't buy a SINGLE BOOK this week! Call a doctor! There must be something very wrong with me!

Giveaways & Contests:
Infinite (Newsoul #3) - Jodi Meadows. I wasn't sure where to include this on my wrap up so I guess here is as good a place as any. A copy of Infinite appeared on my doorstep this week from Amazon...but it didn't include any sort of invoice. I certainly didn't order it as I already have a copy, and I don't think it was a gift either since even Amazon gifts have invoices, just without prices. It's so weird! I kind of wonder if Amazon shipped it to me since I had issues with one of their sellers with an order for Incarnate. I don't know if I'll ever solve this mystery, but at least it's a nice one!

1 comment:

  1. So glad your reading slump is at its end and that is so awesome about the book club! I wish I had friends that liked to read!

    ReplyDelete