Waiting on Wednesday: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Black Ice
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Coming October 7, 2014
Simon & Schuster


Summary:
Sometimes danger is hard to see... until it’s too late.

Britt Pfeiffer has trained to backpack the Teton Range, but she isn't prepared when her ex-boyfriend, who still haunts her every thought, wants to join her. Before Britt can explore her feelings for Calvin, an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in a remote cabin, accepting the hospitality of its two very handsome occupants—but these men are fugitives, and they take her hostage.

In exchange for her life, Britt agrees to guide the men off the mountain. As they set off, Britt knows she must stay alive long enough for Calvin to find her. The task is made even more complicated when Britt finds chilling evidence of a series of murders that have taken place there... and in uncovering this, she may become the killer’s next target.

But nothing is as it seems in the mountains, and everyone is keeping secrets, including Mason, one of her kidnappers. His kindness is confusing Britt. Is he an enemy? Or an ally?

Why I want it:
I fell in love with Becca's writing when I discovered the Hush, Hush series so many years ago. By the time Black Ice comes out, it will have been 2 years since Finale released, and that's just too long for my Becca Fitz fix. Plus, I feel like I've known about this book for ages! As Becca revealed hints and clues about Black Ice on her blog over the past couple years, I've became hooked. The title, the premise, the finally-revealed cover! I love it all. In addition, while at Barnes & Noble a few months ago for an event, I noticed the first chapter was printed in the Finale paperback. I quickly flew through and found myself wanting more. Finally, a blogger I very much respect got to read the manuscript recently and said it's one of the best books she's ever written. I mean, I was already sold on this book, and that just pumped me up even more. Bring it on, Becca!

Why I think you should want it:
Becca Fitzpatrick is super super talented. She writes interesting stories with characters you want to succeed. Her girls are relatable and tough, occasionally sassy but never obnoxiously so; her boys are swoony and definitely sassy, but always in a way that will make you laugh. They're always flawed in ways that make a reader love them more, and the romance is always superior! Seriously, Becca writes a good kissing scene! Word on the street blogosphere is that Black Ice has some awesome flashback romance. Plus, that premise! It's been a while since I've seen a good thriller/mystery/action-adventure! You can't not be excited about it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That sounds really good. I haven't read any of her books, but I will definitely check this one out. Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday-trial-by-fire-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited about Black Ice too! I requested it on Edelweiss but I'm not holding my breath, I highly doubt I'll be approved!

    ReplyDelete