Weekly wrap-up: March 23-29

Thanks to some excellent books and one Friday of reading at work while there wasn't much for me to do otherwise has led to a very productive week! I kind of let myself take the week off from blogging so I could focus on falling back in love with books. I'm very glad to say it worked! Has your reading week been a good one? What are you loving right now?

Completed:
Find Me (Find Me #1) - Romily Bernard: 4 stars. I found the mystery a little less mysterious than I'd have liked, but overall, I was really impressed with this book. I'm also surprised that it seems like this series is a bit more...serial than others (wow, I'm not good with the descriptors on this one!). Definitely looking forward to Remember Me.
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord: 5 stars. This is it. This is the book that has really rescued me from my horrible reading slump! I love love love love love this book!
Boomerang (Boomerang #1) - Noelle August: 5 stars. This is the kind of book that other new adult novels wish they could be! SO well done!
Time Between Us (Time Between Us #1) - Tamara Ireland Stone: 3 stars. Very cute story, but a bit been there done that and I think a little too long for what it is.

Currently Reading:
The Elite (The Selection #2) - Kiera Cass: 62% complete. This middle book is doing a very good job of keeping me into the story. So much drama!!

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Nada!

Bought:
Side Effects May Vary - Julie Murphy (B&N)
Racing Savannah - Miranda Kenneally (B&N)
A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray (HPB)
Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson (HPB)

5 comments:

  1. I need to find a way to buy Side Effects May Vary too, I have had zero luck with giveaways for it, despite entering about 22 of them. I think that may be a sign or something :) Anyway, glad to see you liked Open Road Summer - that one is high on my list for books to read this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had a very good reading week. I have tried several times to read "The Selection" because I have heard so many wonderful things about it. I listened to the audio book. Or I tried to. I didn't like the narrator. It kind of ruined the series for me, because now that is all I can hear when I actually read the book. I hope you enjoy the second one. Everyone I know has loved this series. I wish I would have. I might try and pick it up again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elite is so good. I can't wait for The One to come out. Make sure to read the novellas. They're also really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just finished The Selection last night, hope to start The Elite tonight....but drama? I don't want more drama lol.

    ReplyDelete