Monthly wrap-up: July 2014

I did read a lot more in July, but I'm not quite where I want to be. Now I'm trying to back in the swing of doing blog stuff regularly, whether it's actual writing or just doing updates.

Looking back...
List of July reads

Cassandra Clare - City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments #5) audiobook
Kristi Cook - Magnolia
Katlyn Duncan - This Summer
Jennifer Echols - Perfect Couple (Superlatives #2)
Becca Fitzpatrick - Black Ice
Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - This Shattered World (Starbound #2)
Miranda Kenneally - Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks #5)
Marissa Meyer - Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) audiobook
Vicky Savage - Transcender: First Timer (Transcender #1)
Laini Taylor - Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3)
                    - Dreams of Gods & Monsters audiobook
John Corey Whaley - Noggin

Looking ahead...
August releases I'm excited about:
Sadly, august is a month of sequels whose first books I haven't read, but here are the ones I can't wait for!

Magnolia - Kristi Cook. Guys this book is SO GOOD!!! 5 stars for me & I really recommend you give it a try.
Forget Me - K.A. Harrington
A Blind Spot for Boys - Justina Chen
Amity - Micol Ostow
A Little Something Different - Sandy Hall

August TBR:
I'm doing a new challenge this month so I'm really going to push myself in August!
Stone Cold Touch - JLA
Talon - Julie Kagawa
Remember Me - Romily Bernard
Beware the Wild - Natalie C. Parker
The Iron Trial - Holly Black & Cassandra Clare
Let's Get Lost - Adi Alsaid
I Want It That Way - Ann Aguirre
Famous in Love - Rebecca Serle

Audiobooks:
Insurgent - Veronica Rossi
Book of Broken Hearts - Sarah Ockler

Resolution Progress:
You can check out my full resolution post HERE, but I'm just going to gloss over these really quickly.
1. Post more reviews: Ugh.
2. Create a backlist for schedule-able reviews: There was ZERO chance of me doing this in July
3. Read 150 books: I wish I were in the 100s already, but 90 isn't terrible
4. Reread 20 books: DONE
5. Listen to 20 audiobooks: ALSO DONE
6. Read 5 classics: Not yet. 
7. Blog redesign: Working on it!
8. Make more blogger friends: :D The cool thing in July is that I made more LOCAL friends, which I love!
9. Read at the gym: Well, I didn't read at the gym, but I did go to the gym this week!
10. Be more organized: A constant work in progress.

Challenge Progress:
I signed up for a LOT of challenges this year. I wondered if I was crazy or suddenly decided I liked masochism, but so far, it's going really well. The good thing is that some of my books count for multiple challenges, which is really helpful. You can check out the full details of my challenges HERE or track my progress in the challenges tab at the top, but here's a quick rundown on where I am today:

2014 New Challenges:
Standalone Challenge: 10/15 Just keep reading, reading, reading.
Series Challenge: 29/12 Chica chica yeah!
Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 30/25 Still working on reviews, but I'm considering increasing my goal.
Real Book Challenge: 40 of 21-30 Also considering increasing my goal, but I want to bang out some reviews first.
Jumble Your Genres Challenge: 2/12 If this is the only challenge I fail, I'm okay with that.
TBR Pile Challenge: 20 of 11-20 35 of 31-40 I didn't increase by much in July & probably won't do much in August because of ARC August, but I'm doing okay here.
A-Z Challenge: 9/26 Not doing so great this year. I think I need to change the books on my list!

YA Audiobook Challenge: 20/24 I'm definitely going to go over my goal so I may increase to 36, but I need to do reviews here as well.
Arc August: 0/10 read, 0/10 reviews. As this is a monthly goal, hopefully I'll just have it completed by August's recap!

Challenges already in progress:
50 State Challenge: 33/52
50 Countries Challenge: 19/50
YA Challenge: 10/25

No comments:

Post a Comment