Weekly wrap-up: January 12-18

This week is yet another that I can truly said I had a real book HAUL. A lot of the ones I bought were from a week or two ago, but they've just come in. Plus some trade, some wins, and some amazing, greatly anticipated review books came in as well! I also organized a bunch of my books with much success and amusement. If you're not following me on Twitter, you're missing out! I gave away 8 books on there after live-tweeting hide-and-seek with my books.

Sadly, not a lot of reading was done. I'm working SO MUCH right now. It's a good thing because money does fuel my book habit, after all, but it's exhausting to work, read, and blog all in one day. Oh, and make time for things like eating and sleeping! At least the books I read were of good quality. Can't complain in that regard! How has your week been? Read anything great? Please let me know!

Completed:
Podium Finish - Beth Pond: 3 1/2 stars. It was hard to not compare this to Being Sloane Jacobs, but I did my best. Interesting story, relatable characters, definitely more of a focus on the sports. Not a favorite read, but a fun and enjoyable one.
Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood #1) - Victoria Scott: 4 stars. Such an exciting beginning to this new series. You'll love Guy for sure, and meanwhile, I'll be over here dreaming about Braun, thankyouverymuch! ;) I can't wait to learn even more about the Brimstone Bleed. You'll be left needing more!

Reread:
Fangirl audiobook - Rainbow Rowell, Rebecca Lowman & Maxwell Caulfield: 5 FREAKING WELL-EARNED STARS. This book. I'm pretty sure it's one I'm going to end up buying in every format ever. It's just so good. Each character got a voice, and it's just a sublime reading. I discovered even more wonderful lines, and I assure you that it is possible to fall even more in love with Levi.

Currently Reading:
Daughter of Smoke & Bone audiobook - Laini Taylor. Just started this morning, but I'm really excited about it!
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs. I'm meeting Ransom for the second time this week!

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Unbreathable - Hafsah Laziaf. I'm part of her street team and had to make sure my library bought a copy!
The F--- It List - Julie Halpern
What Happens Next - Colleen Clayton
Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings #4) - Jackson Pearce
Ketchup Clouds - Annabel Pitcher
Starry Nights - Daisy Whitney
Prodigy audiobook - Marie Lu

Bought:
Lots of book packages came pouring in this week so I'm getting primed & ready for YAK Fest next week and TLA in April! This is a mix of Amazon, Book Outlet, Malaprops, Books & Books, and Half Price Books!


Trade:
Perfect Ruin - Lauren DeStefano. So glad I finally got a copy of my very own. I love this book!

Giveaways & Contests:
Somehow, I managed to win two of Bibliopunkk Krys's totally random giveaways, and I managed to snag the following ARCs from her:
Hereafter - Tara Hudson. This will be signed NEXT WEEK.
Find Me - Romily Bernard
Die for Me - Amy Plum (!!!!)
Great - Sara Benincasa
Ten - Gretchen McNeil

DRCs:
Thank you to Scholastic/Point for these amazing titles!
Better Off Friends - Elizabeth Eulberg. *must not hyperventilate* I am so thrilled and honored to have received this book for review. Elizabeth is a favorite author of mine. I just adore everything she writes!
Tales From My Closet - Jennifer Anne Moses

THANK YOU to Little, Brown/Hatchette/Poppy for this one:
The Geography of You and Me - Jennifer E. Smith. I love her so, so much. Her books are magic. It was luck that got me this book the same week I'd already planned on doing a WoW post on it! See? Magic!

Thank you to Harlequin Teen for these beauties:
The Secret Diamond Sisters - Michelle Madow
Grim - Christine Johnson. I love anthologies! I was thrilled when I heard about Grim, so much that I even added it to Goodreads myself. So many amazing authors. Kagawa, Pearce, Gray, Hawkins, Derting, Gensler, Gratton, Mitchell... I love them all!

Huge thank you to Dutton/Penguin for this one.
The Immortal Crown (Age of X #2) - Richelle Mead. I loved Richelle when I read VA all those years ago, but I stay with her because she continues to write such brilliant novels. I fell in love with this world in Gameboard of the Gods and gave it a glowing 5 star review. I am absolutely honored to have the opportunity to do so again.

Thank you, Atria for these two!
Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths #1) - K.A. Tucker
Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths #3) - K.A. Tucker

ARCs:
Three - Kristen Simmons. !!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, TOR & MACMILLAN!! *hugs*

Swag:
I've never posted swag in my wrap-up before, but these two are pretty special: a lovely These Broken Stars poster from Malaprops and a Cress comb from Macmillan!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome haul as always. The These Broken Stars Poster is GORGEOUS! Jealous <3
    my STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poster and YOU ARE MEETING RANSOM RIGGS!!!!!!!???????? I want to so badly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool poster; I love Cinder and the Iron Fey series. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Haul! I am so jealous of that poster! You are so lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a serious haul! I won Fire & Flood this week and can't wait till it gets here! I've heard it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Better Off Friends and The Secret Diamond Sisters. Better Off Friends is my new favorite of Elizabeth's. It's so wonderful and I can't wait to see what you think of it. Also Find Me is absolutely wonderful. You have so many great books and I just want to say something about each and every one of them -- don't worry I won't! (but The Evolution of Mara Dyer ftw!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are so luck to be able to get that many ARC books. I never get one at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhh, great haul! I loved The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa! It was such an original concept! These Broken Stars was amazing! As were Tara Hudson's book! I snagged a copy of The Secret Diamond Sister's, too, and it looks AMAZING!

    I have read every book by Richelle Mead... except for Gameboard of the Gods and The Fiery Heart.. I'm behind!!!! :( I need to catch up! I hope The Immortal Crown is amazing!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Fangirl right now!! Finally. I hope you love Better off Friends!

    ReplyDelete