Waiting on Wednesday: The Geography of You and Me


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


The Geography of You and Me
by Jennifer E. Smith
Coming April 15, 2014
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

 
Summary:
Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.

Why I want it:
Reason 1: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. Reason 2: This is What Happy Looks Like. That is all. Yes, I really do consider those books valid reasons for wanting GOYAM, but more specifically, JES is a master of finely crafted contemporaries. They're incredibly unique in concept and so well executed that she became a must-read author for me as soon as I finished page 1 of Probability. These books make me yearn for more while simultaneously being utterly satisfied and happy with the end result. I know that sounds crazy and completely opposite, but it's the absolute truth. Another truth is that I need this in my hands yesterday. I am so thrilled to finally have the chance to meet Jennifer this year at TLA. She's one of the authors I am most looking forward to! 

Why I think you should want it:
Jennifer's books are utterly charming. Her writing reminds me of Stephanie Perkins in the best way possible. Her stories are fresh and a lot of fun, the romances sweet, and the characters realistic. But there's this intangible quality to her words. It's like they breathe, like they're living, like they have a soul. Jennifer's books make you want to live them. If you haven't read her work before, I really highly recommend you do.


In case you haven't noticed, occasionally I have bonuses (read: giveaways) for my WoW posts. No physical bonus this week, but I guarantee I'll have Jennifer sign some extra books at TLA for a future giveaway. Just something to keep in mind. 

I actually wrote this post up last week. Two days ago, I noticed Geographyhad been added to Edelweiss. I sent in a request, without any expectations, and then about 3 hours later, I received an approval email. I honestly almost started crying. So I've BEEN waiting on this one, but no longer! I am going to read it asap! Good luck to you if you send in a request, and if you haven't even added it to your TBR, go do that. Anyway, what are you waiting for this week? Please share your links!

11 comments:

  1. This is on my TBR list as well. I haven't had a chance to read her other books, but I am hoping to get to them soon. Great pick!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-fire-flood-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy, we are WoW twins! I cannot wait for this book either. I didn't know it was on Edelweiss!! *runs off to request*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't in love with TISHLL but I'm was in love with TSPoLAFS. I was so bummed that I didn't realize it was on EW.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely on my TBR list! I've enjoyed both of the books I've read by this author so far, and this one sound like such fun. Nice choice!

    Lisa
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author yet as I'm not really a contemporary romance fan but I've been reading such dark books lately that I need something lighter so maybe I'll check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really interesting, I haven't heard of this author before. But I'd love to give her a try :)
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know this author was making more books yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was SO lucky to get an ARC of this. AND.....I loved it. It was rather refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight and was so happy when I found out she had more books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already read both but this one seems very good too. I love this author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am excited for this, too. I really loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, and I thought This is What Happy Looks Like was fine (not nearly as good, but fine). I'm hoping that this one will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete