Waiting on Wednesday: To All the Boys I've Loved Before


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


To All the Boys I've Loved Before
by Jenny Han
Coming April 15, 2014
Simon & Schuster

 
Summary:
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

Why I want it:
I enjoyed the Summer series. I'll admit, it wasn't my favorite trilogy ever, but it was a good, filling beach read. What I liked best about it was the emotion Jenny put into each word. The characters were built on emotion. The plot was built on it. Despite not loving it the way most readers have, I very much appreciate an author who makes me feel so much for not loving a book. That is truly an impressive quality for a writer to have. Plus, I'm really excited about this concept. See below.

Why I think you should want it:
For fans of Belly, I know you're already foaming at the mouth. For those who are new to Jenny Han, you're going to want this one because this book is going to do what we all want to do: write letters to people from the past...and send them. It's like Post Secret without actually being a secret! We are going to be mortified on Lara Jean's behalf for a while (mortification is so entertaining when it's not happening to you!), but then, I think we're all going to be impressed and also slightly jealous because most of us don't have the chutzpah to do such a thing on purpose. Now, I know Lara Jean didn't actually do it on purpose, but I can already tell she has some spark to her. This is like a fiction-but-also-real-life-if-that-makes-any-sense version of a Taylor Swift song. I love it, and I really think you will too. Bring it on, Jenny!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cute book. Great choice!! I hope you enjoy it.

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-we-were-liars-by-e.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read anything by this author before but this book has me really intrigued, I will definitely be picking it up when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick I love Jenny Han's books! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Jenny Han's "We'll Always Have Summer" though I didn't really like it. I wonder if this book will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I am looking forward to this one so much. I've heard such great things about Han's Summer series, and this sounds so cute and fun. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title! What an absolute nightmare it would be to have all those letters sent! I never write anything down just in case! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to read this one!! I just loved the Summer series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing! I'm adding it to my shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not something that would normally interest me, but I like the whole Post-Secret thing! I will definitely recommend this to my friends who love these types of books! :)

    ReplyDelete