Waiting on Wednesday: Open Road Summer


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Open Road Summer
by Emery Lord
Coming April 15, 2014
Walker / Bloomsbury


Summary:
After breaking up with her bad-news boyfriend, Reagan O’Neill is ready to leave her rebellious ways behind. . . and her best friend, country superstar Lilah Montgomery, is nursing a broken heart of her own. Fortunately, Lilah’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts. But when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence. This summer, Reagan and Lilah will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking. A fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Emery Lord’s gorgeous writing hits all the right notes.

Why I want it:
I am obsessed with all things celebrity. It's my big guilty pleasure. So a book that goes behind-the-scenes of a music tour makes my inner famewhore really, really happy. In my head, Taylor Swift is my best friend, and you better believe this book is going to enable my fantasy of being on a country tour. Also, I've really been on a contemporary kick for a while. I'm just really into real life happenings and how varied it can be without any extra science or fantasy or supernatural goings on. This looks right up my alley!

Why I think you should want it:
Early reviews are super good for this debut, saying it's a perfect romance, but it also showcases an awesome friendship. Also, guys, seriously. That cover. I want a physical copy of this book just so I can snuggle with it because it's gorgeous.

Have you heard of Open Road Summer before today? Do you think it looks like a book you'd like to read? Let me know and please share your WoW links!

9 comments:

  1. I like books like this and I really need a good romance right about now :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this description before, but I don't remember this cover. I'm pretty sure I've already added this to my TBR list, but I will have to double check. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-hunt-by-stacey-kade.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is so eagerly waiting for this one and from some reviews I think this will be an amazing book. I need to add it to my to-read list. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really similar New Years goals to the Never Ending Stories book blog! You guys are the two blogs I'm subscribed to by email! Maybe you could be blogger buddies :)
    http://www.neverendingstoriesbookblog.com/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-my-new-years.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+neverendingstoriesbookblog%2FZVNf+%28Never+Ending+Stories+book+blog%29

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this so badly. It looks so freaking amazing. It was my WoW pick a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard of it before today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had not heard of it before today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cover!! I'm so adding this to my TBR! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been really enjoying this genre lately. Really eager to read this one!

    ReplyDelete