Weekly wrap-up: May 11-17

Because of a trip down to Houston for the First Loves tour and a crazy ridiculous work schedule, I wasn't able to read a whole lot this week, but I was able to get back in the groove writing reviews so YAY.

Completed:
Wish You Were Italian - Kristin Rae: 3 1/2 stars. This is a really fun summer read, but I know I would have loved it 1000% more if it hadn't included what I consider to be an unnecessary love triangle.
The Chapel Wars - Lindsey Leavitt: 4 stars. SUPER strong beginning, but the rest of the book couldn't quite live up to it. Overall, though, very enjoyable read that manages to be sweet and flirty with real substance.

Reread:
Gameboard of the Gods audiobook - Richelle Mead & Emily Shaffer: 4 1/2 stars. Really enjoyed this one! It was great to jump back into the world of the RUNA before I start The Immortal Crown. Apparently Emily is also the narrator for Vampire Academy and Bloodlines so I'll definitely be listening to those as well. She's got a good voice!

Currently Reading:
The Forever Song - Julie Kagawa. Ohhh, my. This book is going to make me cry. I'm like 20% through it, and I can already feel it coming.
Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The Supernaturalist audiobook - Eoin Colfer

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
Side Effects May Vary - Julie Murphy
What I Thought was True - Huntley Fitzpatrick
Salvage -a Alexandra Duncan
Dorothy Must Die - Danielle Paige
Catching Fire movie (FINALLY!!!)

Bought:
B&N
Wish You Were Italian - Kristin Rae (2 copies)
The Chapel Wars - Lindsey Leavitt
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
The Forever Song - Julie Kagawa

Amazon/Kindle:
50 First Times anthology - Julie Cross
Sweet Filthy Boy - Christina Lauren


Events Attended:
5/13: First Loves Tour with Lindsey Leavitt, Emery Lord & Kristin Rae
5/15:: The Fault in Our Stars advanced screening. I will be doing a full review on this, and I can tell you that tissues are absolutely a necessity. Toward the end, I was actually laughing as I blotted tears off my face because all I could hear was sniffling echoing around the theater.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously need to get a copy of The Forever Song, I think I've waited long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you went to an advanced screening of The Fault in Our Stars! I think I've read the book 2 (maybe 3) times. John Green is awesome and I think it will be a good movie because he was actually involved, unlike so many book-to-movie adaptations that are train wrecks. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete