Weekly wrap-up: May 4-10

Oh, gosh. I maybe went just a leeeetle bit overboard with the book buying this week....

Completed:
Mila 2.0 (Mila 2.0 #1) - Debra Driza: 4 stars. Very enjoyable sci fi!
Renegade (Mila 2.0 #2) - Debra Driza: 4 stars. Full review here.
"Origins: The Fire" (Mila 2.0 #0.5) - Debra Driza: 3 stars. Well-written novella, but I just don't think it's necessary. It adds nothing to the overall plot.

Reread:
Lips Touch: Three Times - Laini Taylor & Cassandra Campbell: 4.5 stars. I am really sad that there's no way for beautiful audio to include Jim's beautiful artwork, but this is still a great adaptation of Laini's writing.

Currently Reading:
Wish You Were Italian - Kristin Rae
Gameboard of the Gods audiobook - Richelle Mead. The narrator is a little excitable when she's reading the action scenes, which is distracting, but I'm really enjoying this one so far! 13 discs, though. This is the longest audiobook I've had in a loooong while.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Finding It - Cora Carmack
Brooklyn Girls - Gemma Burgess
Let the Storm Break - Shannon Messenger
Going Vintage - Lindsey Leavitt
Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Beautiful Chaos - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi
Tsarina - J. Nelle Patrick
The Supernaturalist audiobook - Eoin Colfer

Bought:
B&N:
The Warrior (Dante Walker #3) - Victoria Scott
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green (2 copies) these are going back since I wasn't able to get them signed.
The One - Kiera Cass (2 copies)
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord
Going Vintage - Lindsey Leavitt

Half Price Books:
Divergent (Divergent #1) - Veronica Roth Also going back
Dreams of Gods & Monsters audiobook - Laini Taylor. This was a total splurge, but when it was right in front of my face, I couldn't NOT buy it!
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X #1) - Richelle Mead. Also a splurge but SO WORTH IT. I need to reread this anyway before I start on the sequel.
Pure - Jennifer L. Armentrout I NEVER find JLA's books at HPB! SO EXCITED!!!!
Apollyon - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Irving Public Library:
The One - Kiera Cass
The Taking - Kimberly Derting

Gift:
In the Shadows - Jim di Bartolo & Kiersten White. My wonderful friend & TLA roomie Karen of Teen Librarian Toolbox knew I was upset about missing Jim & Kiersten's signing at TLA and gave me this beautiful book. THANK YOU, KAREN!!! (PS Check out the cover of Victoria Scott's The Warrior. Karen totally wrote that blurb! Congrats!)

Borrowed:
Devil's Kiss - Sarwat Chadda

Events Attended:
5/6: Dark Days of Summer tour feat Kelley Armstrong, Kiera Cass, Kimberly Derting & Danielle Paige. Recap coming soon.
5/9: The Fault in Our Stars Demand Our Stars tour feat John Green, Shailene Woodley, Ansel Egort & Nat Wolff. I didn't get to meet anyone :( but this was a really fun–and exhausting–event!

5 comments:

  1. I still have not read The Fault in Our Stars. I want to see the movie so I really should. Maybe I'll get it from the library. I don't usually read YA Contemporary. I am so happy to see someone else who utilizes the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely need to start Renegade sequel to Mila this week. I've been so behind lately. In a bit of a slump. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow thats a lot of books. I keep hearing about the "Fault In Our Stars" but it just doesn't appeal to me. I know it's getting great reviews...but just not for me. I am dying to read the Mila 2.0 series though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love The Fault in our Stars! I read that one twice and have read most of John Green's other books. Too bad you didn't get to meet anyone, but still sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you would get to go to TFIOS event. Guess that answers my question haha. I'm debating if I should pick it up or not. /:

    ReplyDelete