Waiting on Wednesday: Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Perfect Couple
Superlatives #2
by Jennifer Echols
Coming January 13, 2015
Simon Pulse


Summary:
Can your heart be put to a popular vote?

As yearbook photographer, Harper is responsible for capturing those candid moments that make high school memorable. But her own life is anything but picture perfect. Her parents' bitter divorce has left her wondering what a loving relationship would look like. And ever since the senior class voted her and star quarterback Brody the “Perfect Couple That Never Was,” her friends have been on her case to ask Brody out.

Brody doesn’t lack in female admirers, but Harper can't see herself with him. He seems confused about why they were matched together, too. They’re total opposites—the last people in the world who would ever be compatible, let alone the “perfect couple.” Yet ever since the class paired the two of them, they've found themselves drawn together--first by curiosity, then by an undeniable bond.

The trouble is, though they're very attracted to each other and both of them admit this, they have a hard time getting along or even communicating clearly. If they’re the perfect couple, this shouldn’t be so difficult! Soon it becomes clear their class was wrong, and they throw in the towel. But after they walk away, both of them feel so changed from making the effort that they can’t forget each other. What if that means this match made in hell is the perfect couple after all?

Why I want it:
I am in a perpetual state of waiting on the next Jennifer Echols book. She's one of my all-time favorites!

Why I think you should want it:
This series is brilliant. High school superlatives narrow people down into one flat characteristic, one label they're stuck with forever. At any reunion, they will forever be known as Mr. or Miss or Biggest or Most whatever. Jennifer plays on this stereotyping with each couple in the series. Sure, each character has been pigeonholed into whatever label their classmates stuck them with, but Jennifer allows them to tell their story and become more than the title. Will and Tia proved there was more to their relationship and, more importantly, more to them as individuals than Biggest Flirts, their official titles, or even the Snobby New Guy and the Slacker Girl, the unofficial titles they're trapped by. I have no doubt that Jenn will do the same for Brody, the Daredevil Jock, and Harper, the Artsy girl. Can't wait! If you need more convincing, check out my five star review of Biggest Flirts for further explanation why this series is amazing.

8 comments:

  1. Great Pick!! I'm adding this to my TBR list now.

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-get-even-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! I love Jennifer Echols and I read all of her books. I hope we both enjoy this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read her books. Young adult is my favorite genre because I love the nostalgic high school feelings they stir up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been slacking on my Jennifer Echols' reads! I love her books, the ones I've read anyway, so I don't know why I haven't read any of her latest releases. I definitely need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first in the series. But this cover is really cute! I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think my library has any of her books, but I will check!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super awesome cover!
    Sounds very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading THREE Jennifer Echols books in a week, I'm totally lusting for more of her books. (: Thanks for the rec! I can't wait to read this one. I hope it's as great as Biggest Flirts.

    ReplyDelete