Waiting on Wednesday: Talon by Julie Kagawa


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Talon
Talon #1
by Julie Kagawa
Coming October 28, 2014
Harlequin Teen


Summary:
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

Why I want it:
Um, I love Julie. Duh. Her stories are so unique, always mixing different creatures and mythologies. Her writing has only gotten better since the beginning, and she's showing no signs of stopping, let alone slowing down.

Why I think you should want it:
 Um, dragons. That is all. There is always room for more dragons in ya. Also, if you know Julie at ALL, you know dragons are kind of her thing. Fairies and vampires are all well and good, but Julie is SO PASSIONATE about dragons that she makes adorable little dragon figurines in her spare time. This is sure to be a hit for that alone, but when you add in Julie's penchant for sexy and sweet boys and forcing emotional trauma on her readers... well, you know we're all going to be having a big ole case of the feels come October.

What do you think of my pick this week? Will you be picking up Talon? Share your thoughts & your picks in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. OHHHHHH girl me too me too me too! I am obsessed with Dragons since the Never-ending Story when I wanted a Falcor!
    <3 Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I'll read anything with dragons! Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED THIS TOO!!!! So bad. Love Julie :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this book. I am sure I will love this book because I have loved all her other books and it involves dragons!! :)

    ReplyDelete