Monthly Wrap-up: October

Holy cow, my October was pretty dang productive reading-wise. Not so much with a the posting. I'm a wee bit behind, and now I'll have to catch up, which is going to be tricky because I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year. I'm really nervous, but I've been excited about this story idea for years so I'm hoping it goes well. 

How was your October? Allegiant, obviously, was a huge deal (still haven't read it so PLEASE no spoilers), but was there anything else that sparked your fancy? What books are you MOST EXCITED ABOUT for November? You'd better say The Fiery Heart, guys, because c'mon. Sydrian. The feels. The drama. The adventure. The making out on a table...or maybe they've moved on to new and more exciting locations (one could only hope!). Are you doing NaNo? Tell me all your bookish news! I wanna know!

Looking back...
List of October reads
Meg Cabot - The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells #5)
Aimée Carter - Pawn (Blackcoat Rebellion #1)
Cassandra Clare - Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) audiobook
                          - Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3) audiobook
Kady Cross - The Girl With the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles #3)
Viv Daniels - One & Only
Jennifer Echols - Playing Dirty (Stargazer #2)
Rachel Harris - Taste the Heat (Love and Games #1)
                      - Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games #2)
 Colleen Hoover - Hopeless (Hopeless #1)
Leila Howland - Nantucket Blue
Julie Kagawa - The Iron Traitor (Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2)
Miranda Kenneally - Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4)
J. Lynn - Frigid
            - Wait for You (Wait for You #1)
            - Trust in Me (Wait for You #1.5)
Jodi Meadows - "Phoenix Overture" (Newsoul #2.5)
Marissa Meyer - Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
                        - "Glitches" (Lunar Chronicles #0.5)
                        - "The Queen's Army (Lunar Chronicles #1.5)
Natalie Richards - Six Months Later
Veronica Rossi - Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3)
Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl
Piper Shelley - Play with Me (Grover Beach Team #1)
Suzanne Young - The Program (The Program #1)

Looking ahead...
November releases I'm excited about:
The Fiery Heart - Richelle Mead (!!!!!!!)
Cold Spell - Jackson Pearce
Champion - Marie Lu (also !!!!!)
Splendor - Elana K. Arnold
Pawn - Aimée Carter
Crash Into You - Katie McGarry
The F-it List - Julie Halpern
Ketchup Clouds - Annabel Pitcher
Fault Line - C. Desir

GIVE ME ALL THE NOVELLAS
"Goddess in Time" - Tera Lynn Childs: It's ABOUT TIME for this to finally see the light!
"Night of Cake and Puppets" - Laini Taylor
"The Wild Adventures of Jasper Renn" - Kady Cross
"Brooke" - Veronica Rossi

Psst. In case you didn't know about it. YALit is a really good place to go for book release dates. Sometimes they're a little off, but if you want pretty good idea of what's coming out when, it's a great resource.

November TBR:
There are novels that I REALLY want to read, but I kinda keep putting them off. So...I'm taking them off the TBR and I'll just have to work them in when I can. Oops! Bad Mary!
In the Age of Love and Chocolate - Gabrielle Zevin
The Shadowhunter Codex - Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis
The Boy on the Bridge - Natalie Standiford
Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry
Dare You To - Katie McGarry
Allegiant - Veronica Roth
infinite - Jodi Meadows

4 comments:

  1. Sydrian! I'm so excited to read The Fiery Heart. :) Sadly, though, it's releasing during finals week, so I won't be starting it the day it comes out like I really want to.

    I'm also really excited about Crash Into You. I got accepted for it earlier this week, so it's waiting on my kindle for me to get to it.

    It looks like you had an awesome reading month! A lot of those (like Cress!!) look so good. I wish I had read half that many books, but October was really busy for me and I didn't get to finish a lot of them.

    Good luck on NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to start on Fiery Heart yet either. CIY is awesome! You'll like it. Don't be ashamed of your reading. I happen to have a LOT of free time so I have the opportunity to read more than most people. Don't feel like you have to compare yourself to everyone else! :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! You had an amazing reading month! Thats so cool! I really wish I read more books but something always seems to come up! How did you enjoy The Program? I've been meaning to read it for a while now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really enjoyed The Program. I can't wait to read The Treatment. It's such a unique story. I was totally pulled in.

      Delete