Weekly wrap-up: November 10-16

I've been having a pretty blah November. I just feel utterly uninspired. NaNoWriMo is...well, let's just say it isn't going well, I haven't been into writing reviews, and I haven't even felt like reading much. I'm having a bad case of the mid-fall doldrums, which is especially bad because 1. I will definitely be taking time off for Thanksgiving and 2. my blogiversary is coming up soon (ALREADY?!) and I want to be in tip top shape for that. Any advice on how to get over a case of the blahs? Read any great books that will get me out of my funk? Let me know in the comments!

Completed:
Destiny (Destiny #1) - Cindy Ray Hale: 3 stars. Decent story, room for growth. Review here.
The Collector (Dante Walker #1) - Victoria Scott: 4 stars.
Clockwork Prince manga - Cassandra Clare: 4 stars. Still wish Yen Press had sprung for colored pages, even if they weren't the glossy kind. I think color would add so much depth to these.

Currently Reading:
All These Things I've Done audiobook - Gabrielle Zevin
Champion (Legend #3) - Marie Lu

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library: Well, I WAS specifically letting my library holds stick around, but then there were a billion at the library at once so I had to go pick them up.
The Dark Between - Sonia Gensler
Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) - Colleen Hoover
Red - Alison Cherry
Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker
shark Girl - Kelly Bingham
Where the Stars Still Shine - Trish Doller
All These Things I've Done (Birthright #1) audiobook - Gabrielle Zevin

Bought: FIFTY PERCENT OFF AT HALF PRICE BOOKS THAT IS ALL
Champion (Legend #3) - Marie Lu
The Summer of Skinny Dipping - Amanda Howells
Clockwork Prince manga - Cassandra Clare. Since my dang library apparently refuses to stock a copy (despite multiple requests on my behalf), I went ahead and snagged a copy when I stubled across it at B&N.

Giveaways & Contests:
Lola & The Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins. This is courtesy of Christine of Ensconced in YA & Crystal of Crystal in Bookland who co-hosted the #C2bookexplosion Twitter party last week. Thanks!!

DRCs: 
Super a lot of thanks to Simon & Schuster, Hatchette Childrens & St. Martin's Press for this weeks galleys!
The Treatment (The Program #2) - Suzanne Young. (EW) OMGOMGOMGOMG!
Infinite Sky - C.J. Flood (EW)
Only Everything - Kieran Scott (EW)
Before My Eyes - Caroline Bock (NG)
Imposter - Susanne Winnacker (NG)
Witch Finder - Ruth Warburton (NG)

Events attended:
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, & Shannon K Butcher signing
Garrison Keillor signing

6 comments:

  1. Going to read Champion soon! Can't wait to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read Red by Alison Cherry! Can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'll let you know when I review it, Em!

      Delete
  3. Do you think I would like the manga? I've ever been into it, but it seems interesting to see the novels in pictures. (: Especially since Punky is big into me reading whatever I'm reading to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I don't read actual manga novels; I stick to the adaptations. Sometimes they're really great, but sometimes they're adapted poorly or drawn poorly. The Infernal Devices manga, though, are superb. Will and Jem are darling, especially in the style they're drawn in. Sometimes, when they're pouting (well, when WILL is pouting), they're drawn as adorable little chibis. So precious! I'm fairly certain that Punk really would like them.

      Delete