Weekly wrap-up: November 3-9

Even though I've been posting, I've been taking a blogging break for the past couple weeks. Just needed some time to relax and recharge after a very full October schedule. My reading for this week can be pushed into two categories: novellas and Katie McGarry. Basically, that's all I've wanted to read. What about you?

Completed:
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) - Katie McGarry: 4 1/2 stars. Really, really great.
"The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn" (Steampunk Chronicles #3.5) - Kady Cross: 3 stars. Well, this did answer my questions why Jasper was not very present in Iron Touch, but I'm not happy about it. Enjoyable but disappointing. It just didn't seem like there was a point to this novella, aside from Jasper and Cat getting it on. Making out is good and all, but a lack of plot or a throwaway plot = boring.
Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) - Katie McGarry: 4 stars. Another win for Katie. Review + giveaway coming this week.
"Goddess in Time" (Oh. My. Gods. #2.5) - Tera Lynn Childs: 4 stars. Whoa, did NOT see Nicole's ancestry coming, but FINALLY got the hookup I knew would happen sooner or later. I wish Tera would come back for another full installment, but I'm satisfied either way.
"Crossing the Line" (Pushing the Limits #1.5) - Katie McGarry: 4 stars. Really good short. I would have liked to see this as a full-length novel or at least a bit longer. I really like Lila and Lincoln together. Now I'm depressed because I read all of Katie's novels in a week, and I have no more. :(

Reread:
Bittersweet audiobook - Sarah Ockler: 3 stars. Not a bad audiobook, pretty enjoyable. I just don't think the narrator did a great job with Josh and Will's voices. Too gravely for my liking.

Currently Reading:
Destiny - Cindy Ray Hale. I'm going to have some definite opinions on this one.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Formerly Shark Girl - Kelly Bingham. Realized this was a sequel. Dangit. Now I gotta get the first.
Paper Covers Rock - Jenny Hubbard
Splintered - A.G. Howard
The Collector (Dante Walker #1) - Victoria Scott. I actually own this, but 1. I like to borrow books from the library so they're getting circulated and 2. I have the ebook so I want to read this in physical form.
Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger

Bought: HALF PRICE BOOKS COUPONS. THAT IS ALL.
Cheating at Solitaire & Learning to Play Gin - Ally Carter. My Ally collection is finally COMPLETE!
Infinity, Invincible, Infamous & Inferno - Sherrilyn Kenyon
"Crossing the Line" - Katie McGarry. Novellas are like Pokemon for me: I gotta catch 'em all. Yes. I did just make that joke. Yes. I am a huge nerd. Yes, I am well aware, and thank you for your concern.

Giveaways & Contests:
Red - Alison Cherry. YAAAAAAY! Many thanks to Alison herself as well as Hafsah of IceyBooks!

DRCs:
Many, many thanks to HarperCollins for uploading so many wonderful titles to Edelweiss & giving me access to them!
Talker 25 - Joshua McCune (EW) I found about this on Tea Time a few weeks ago, and my interest was peaked. When I saw it on Edelweiss, I had to get it!
Exile - Kevin Emerson (EW)
No One Else Can Have You - Kathleen Hale (EW)
Life by Committee - Corey Ann Haydu (EW)
Prisoner of Night and Fog - Anne Blankman (EW)
Tease - Amanda Maciel (EW)
The Talking - Kimberly Derting (EW)

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! Gonna start the PJO series soon… :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I really liked that series, although I still haven't read Last Olympian yet.

      Delete