Weekly wrap-up: October 27 - November 2

Cress, guys. CRESS. I can hardly even think about anything else. Lunar Chronicles aside, this was a contemporary romance week, and Cress was pretty much the only thing that could have pulled me out of it. Also, NaNoWriMo just started so...things are gonna get interesting around here. How's your week been? Any good reads? Are you doing NaNo? Let me know!

Completed:
Wait for You (Wait for You #1) - J. Lynn: 4 stars. Good romance. Enjoyable
Trust in Me (Wait for You #1.5) - J. Lynn: 3 1/2 stars. Slightly redundant. Probably could have combined this with Wait for You for a longer novel. Still enjoyable. Sets up Jase's story well.
Hopeless (Hopeless #1) - Colleen Hoover: 2 stars. Very similar to Wait for You. I mean TONS of similarities. Not executed as well. Too much going on in this one. Slightly longer review on Goodreads.
Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) - Marissa Meyer: 5 stars. Crazy, freaking good. I absolutely loved it. Full review much closer to pub time. Is it time for Winter yet?!
"Glitches" (Lunar Chronicles #0.5) - Marissa Meyer: 5 stars. I cried reading this short story. Props to Marissa for making me feel so much in so few words!
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) - Katie McGarry: 4 stars. I've met Katie, but this was the first time I've read her work. Verdict: Loved it!

Reread:
"The Queen's Army" (Lunar Chronicles #1.5) - Marissa Meyer: 5 stars. I actually read this a few months ago, but I didn't remember it at ALL. Really good to refresh the memory. Love me some Wolf! Would it be too much to ask for a novella about Thorn now? :D

Currently Reading:
Sia by Josh Grayson

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
In the Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3) - Gabrielle Zevin. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Can't wait to finally crack this baby open. As SOON as I finish a couple review books, it'll be on like Donkey Kong.
The Shadowhunter Codex - Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis. Loving the handwritten notes I spied inside. Reminds me of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages. Details like that make for good bonus material.
Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler. Audiobook version because I feel weird listening to the radio in my car now. I expect to hear a book in there, dangit!

Bought:
The Cloak Society - Jeramey Kraatz
Windchaser (Phantom Island #1) - Krissi Dallas
The Collector & The Liberator (Dante Walker #1 & 2) - Victoria Scott
The Dollhouse Asylum - Mary Gray (technically last week, but I forgot to mention it)
Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) - Lauren DeStefano. Uh, hello $1.99 ebook deal! GO BUY THIS NOW. You have exactly NO VALID REASONS why you shouldn't.
"The Strange Case of Finley Jayne" (Steampunk Chronicles #0.5) - Kady Cross
"The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn" (Steampunk Chronicles #1.5) - Kady Cross. Hoping this explains some of Jasper's absence from Iron Touch.
Eleanor & Park and Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell. $1.40 Kindle deals. Separately, but $2.80 is not bad for two two of the best books I've read all year!
Teardrop (Teardrop #1) - Lauren Kate

Giveaways & Contests:
Death, Dickenson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia - Jenny Torres Sanches. This lovely book was a gift from Karen of Teen Librarian Toolbox, who gave out prizes during the Texas Stars event at her library. Thanks, Karen!!

DRCs:
Running Back (New York Leopards #2) - Allison Parr. (NG)

ARCs:
Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) - Marissa Meyer: *DIES* A friend lent me her copy, which was way, way, way nice of her. THANK YOU!

Events attended:
Texas Stars panel feat Texas authors Krissi Dallas, Mary Gray, Jeramey Kraatz, Heather Reid, and Victoria Scott @ Betty Warmack Library in Grand Prairie.
Lauren Kate signing @ B&N Southlake

No comments:

Post a Comment