Waiting on Wednesday: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead



The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
by Richelle Mead
Coming November 19, 2013
Razorbill
Summary:
In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure—and re-education—looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this thrilling fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.

Why I want it:
 In a word: Sydrian. This ship gives me all the feels. I loved Vampire Academy since the first time I read book #1 back in 2008. I am an Original Fan of the series, here since the beginning, and although I totally love Rose and Dimitri, I've always had a special place for our favorite messy-haired rascal of an imbiber, Adrian Ivashkov. The fact that he has a chance to be happy in the series makes me feel all the warm fuzzies. Sydney has taken some getting used to, that's for sure. I doubt she will ever be able to replace Rose as my favorite heroine, but she and Adrian complement each other well, whereas Adrian and Rose simply enabled one another (as hot as all their scenes were). Plus, guys, the table scene. *turns on a fan* WOWZA!

Why I think you should want it:
Here's the thing: I don't talk about VA or Bloodlines on my blog very much in detail, and I'll tell you why. It's one of my absolute favorite series Of All Time. I hate the thought of someone seeing me freak out about it and dismissing it based on that or thinking it's cheesy or a Twilight ripoff. But it's not. It's NOT. It's so much more than that. Ignore all that "Mean Girls with vampires" crap they're pitching for the movie. The reason you should go read Vampire Academy and then move on to Bloodlines is because they are crazy good series. Richelle Mead created this amazing world out of Romanian and Russian mythology, and her vampires are awesome and scary like the old-school Draculonian kind, but also unique and magical. So, 1. world. 2. BAMF girls. I'm serious. Rose Hathaway is a serious badass of the first degree. She's tough. She's loyal. She's funny. She's sexy and fun and oddly vulnerable and just crazy enough and pretty much everything I'd ever aspire to be. Lissa is even-keeled and thoughtful. Sydney is smart and relatable in her self-consciousness. These girls are wicked. 3. Sexy guys. And they're often shirtless but always for a good reason, not just randomly half-naked (even though those can be good too). 4. The feels. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll curse Richelle's name a million times over. 5. The plot. You'll be excited for the action and the paranormal going-on, but you'll also feel like you know these characters and understand what they're going through with the real life stuff too. 6. The romance. TOP-FREAKING-NOTCH. Be it hot and steamy moments *cough*thenecklacescene*cough* or the sweet and subtle scenes like standing on top of the roof of a ski lodge, you'll find something you like.

So, really, if you are waiting for Fiery Heart too, you're waiting for all the same reasons I am. But if you haven't read any of the books, run, don't walk, to your nearest book source, be it the internet, library, or bookstore, and grab Vampire Academy because Fiery Heart is the fourth book in Bloodlines, but the tenth book overall in the world, and you really don't want to miss out.

2 comments:

  1. It seems a lot of people are eagerly awaiting this one! I haven't read anything by this author yet (don't flog me!) but it is certainly very high on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUSAN. Vampire Academy is a MUST READ. After you finish it and love it, you can move on to Bloodlines!

      Delete