Listmania Monday: Summer Camp

Well, I basically took the summer off from my Listmania Monday posts, but I'm getting it back on with a favorite topic: summer camp! School's about to start so I thought I'd pick one of the most iconic summer staple activities to feature this week. There's something about summer camp that is intrinsically entertaining. Movies and tv shows have capitalized on this with hits like Meatballs, The Parent Trap (both), Camp Rock, and my personal favorite: Heavyweights, and authors have long been in on the action as well.

Have a favorite camp book? Did I leave any off the list? Well, I know I left some off the list. I haven't read them all! Let me know in the comments!


Note: Since camp tends to be an earlier-in-childhood kind of activity, a lot of these books skew young.
Deborah Blumenthal - Fat Camp
Bonnie Bryant - Riding Camp (Saddle Club #10)
Jen Calonita - Sleepaway Girls (Whispering Pines #1)
                    - Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines #2) 
Paula Danziger - There's a Bat in Bunk Five (Marcy Lewis #2)
Renee Ericson - After Tuesday (not exactly about summer camp, but the mc does work at one for a while)
Stuart Gibbs - Spy Camp (Spy School #2)
Marilyn Kaye - Camp Sunnyside Friends series
Miranda Kenneally - Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks #3)
Ann M. Martin - Mary Anne and Camp BSC (Baby-Sitters Club #86)
                        - Mary Anne and the Playground Fight (Baby-Sitters Club #120)
                        - Baby-sitters Summer Vacation (BSC Super Special #2)
Melissa J. Morgan - Camp Confidential
Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson series
J. K. Rock - Camp Boyfriend series
R.L. Stine - Welcome to Camp Nightmare (Goosebumps #9)
                - The Horror at Camp Jellyjam (Goosebumps #33)
                - Ghost Camp (Goosebumps #45)
                - The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps #56)
                - Fright Camp (Goosebumps 2000 #8)
                - Return to Ghost Camp (Goosebumps 2000 #19)
                - Escape from Camp Run-For-Your-Life (Give Yourself Goosebumps #19)
                - Welcome to Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand #9)
 

4 comments:

  1. We love this list!! Thank you so much for including Camp Boyfriend and we plan to share it all over the place as we've found a lot of readers who really enjoy the summer camp setting. Adding it to our website as a great resource today. We also added this post to our Rock Star Blogger Hall of Fame Pinterest board ;-) http://pinterest.com/jkrockwriters/rock-star-bloggers-hall-of-fame/ It's our way of saying thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you two are so sweet! I'm so glad you like my list!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, love the list! Camp Boyfriend and the Percy Jackson series! I so have to read Camp Boyfriend!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete