Waiting on Wednesday: United We Spy


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases. This is my first week participating, and I'm really excited about it!


United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6)
by Ally Carter
Coming September 17, 2013
Disney-Hyperion

Summary:
Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.

Why I want it:
 I have been a fan of the Gallagher Girls since the first book, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You came out. I was immediately hooked. Kickass girls + cute boys + spy stuff + really incredibly clever writing = I love this series. Being a fan since Day 1, the publication of United We Spy is really bittersweet. I'm really excited to see how it ends, but I'm sad because of the fact that GG is, in fact, finally ending. However, I know UWS will be fantastic. I have no doubt that Ally is going to knock this one out of the park.

Why I think you should want it:
Well, first, if you haven't read the first 5 1/2 books in the series, you should definitely start there. See above with the kickass girls + cute boys + spy stuff you'll actually think is real + clever writing. These books are funny and smart and ALL THE FEELS. Seriously, go read them now, and then you too can be waiting on United We Spy.

Bonus:
Since I met Ally at TLA this year, I may or may not have some signed GG books to giveaway at some point. That point may or may not be a few weeks closer to UWS's release date. In the meantime, feel free to grab the United We Spy official countdown clock!

 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say I was a fan from day one, buy unfortunately I can't. I was at the library one day volunteering with my big sister. Each week we would go in and volunteer for two hours. We would leave each day with 10+ books and read them all before returning the following week. After a few months we were running low on books to read. A lady brought in a book she had purchased and wanted to donate it to the library. So, we got it all set up and put it on the shelf. We then saw it was the third in a series and that the library already had the first two. So, my sister and I checked those out and we read the first three Gallagher girl stories two days after Don't Judge A Girl by Her Cover came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter when you start loving a series. :) At least you can say now that you're a Gallagher Girl!

      Delete