Waiting on Wednesday: The Chaos of Stars


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


The Chaos of Stars
by Kiersten White
Coming September 10, 2013
HarperTeen

Summary:
Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.

Why I want it:
1. I love Kiersten White. She's really funny and she's super nice and patient in real life, even when she's pregnant and at a massive convention and you fangirl all over her. Ahem. Not like I did that or anything.
2. Kiersten is also a really talented writer. She's entertaining and funny and creative. She writes awesome kickbutt girls and really cute boys, even when they're kind of invisible sometimes.
3. THIS COVER. Oh my goodness, I was waiting on this cover for what seemed like ages, and then when I finally saw it, I was shocked. It's beautiful. I want to hug it. If I were Kiersten, I would totally have a huge copy of this hung up in my house.
4. Mythology. Even more interesting, Egyptian mythology. That's not a topic often covered. I love Greek/Roman, sure, but Egyptian is foreign and exotic and NEW. 
5. The Paranormalcy trilogy was fun and mostly light-hearted. Mind Games is actually really dark and twisted. I never would have thought that those two worlds could come from the same person, but they did. I'm really intrigued to see where Chaos lands on the scale and where Isadora stands, closer to Evie or closer to Annie or closer to Fia. Luckily, the wait is not that long because this comes out in a whopping two weeks!

Why I think you should want it:
See above! Also, go read Kiersten's other books. You have time. Well, a little time.

7 comments:

  1. The cover looks so PRETTY! I could stare at the cover for hours and hours! Great pick :) Definitely on my TBR List. Check out my WoW at http://myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com/!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, yes. It's so unique among covers right now. I love it!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the cover of this book. I also love how it has ties to Egyptian mythology. I feel that is not utilized enough. I love Egypt mythology/history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took mythology in high school and college, but we focused on Greek/Roman and only glanced over Egyptian, Norse, and eastern mythology.

      Delete
  3. Kiersten White's Paranormalcy was good. Was it a trilogy? I thought it had more, I know I read at least one sequel but maybe that was all that was out at the time? This sounds good & I've heard of it before. We'll wait for this one too I think ;) You're right about egyptian mythology Mary!
    Our WoW at Once Upon A Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a trilogy. 2 is Supernaturally and 3 is Endlessly. There's also Mind Games, with the sequel Perfect Lies coming out next year.

      Delete
  4. I'm intrigued my the Egyptian mythology aspect. I'm glad to know that the author is nice too. It shouldn't matter, but it does!

    ReplyDelete