Monthly Wrap-up: August

Looking back...
List of my August reads:
Leigh Bardugo - Siege and Storm (Grisha #2) 
PC & Kristin Cast - House of Night Legacy
Tera Lynn Childs -  Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1)
                           - "Grace in the Loft" (Medusa Girls #1.5)
                           - Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #2)
                           - Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls #3)
Eoin Colfer - The Eternity Cube (Artemis Fowl graphic novels #3)
C.C. Dalton & Twist Literary - The Dark Secrets of Markham Savoy (Colebrook Confessions #1)
Renee Ericson - After Tuesday (These Days #1)
Abbi Glines - Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze #5)
Hannah Harrington - Speechless
Rachel Harris - My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (MSSSC #1)
                      - A Tale of Two Centuries (MSSSC #2)
Shannon Messenger - Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall #1)
Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young - Just Like Fate
Rick Riordan - The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson graphic novels #2)
J.K. Rock - "Camp Kiss" (Camp Boyfriend #0.5)
                 - Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend #1) 
Natalie Whipple - Transparent (Transparent #1)

Looking ahead...
September releases I'm excited about:
United We Spy - Ally Carter
The Chaos of Stars - Kiersten White
This Song Will Save Your Life - Leila Sales
Sweet Legacy - Tera Lynn Childs
Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson
Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

September TBR (not including books listed above):
How to Love - Katie Cotugno
Perfect Ruin- Lauren DeStefano
Hourglass - Myra McEntire
The Iron Traitor - Julie Kagawa
Steel Lily - Megan Curd
For Darkness Shows the Stars - Diana Peterfreund

There are several others I'd like to add to that list, but I'll keep it there for now. How about you? How'd you do in August: what did you read, what did you love? What are you looking forward to reading in September? Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. You've read a lot of books this month! There's so many good looking books coming out this month and most of them are on your list. So many books and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, I know! I never have enough time for all the novels I want to read!

      Delete
  2. My best-loved August read was definitely CRACKED UP TO BE by Courtney Summers. I also really enjoyed A DAWN MOST WICKED, Susan Dennard's prequel novella to SOMETHING STRANGE & DEADLY.

    I'm also super excited about THE CHAOS OF STARS and FANGIRL! I'm reading ELEANOR AND PARK right now, I read ATTACHMENTS earlier this year, and I seriously can't get enough of Rainbow Rowell's writing. She's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about Cracked Up To Be, but I haven't really given it a look. I am thrilled to get both Chaos and Fangirl. Eleanor & Park was so beautiful. I'm sure Fangirl will be more of the same. I agree. Totally brilliant.

      Delete
  3. I'm going with Everneath as the favourite of August (:

    As far as September? Phoenix. Overture. That is all. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither of those is a particularly big shock to me. :) I bet you're already done with Phoenix!

      Delete
  4. One of my favorite books I read in August was "Poison Princess" (The Arcana Chronicles Series #1) By, Kresley Cole. As for September, I'm hoping to read an ARC of The Iron Traitor By, Julie Kagawa! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any books by Kresley Cole, but I've been hearing a LOT of good things about her. I'm sort of reading Iron Traitor right now, but it's casual. I haven't really gotten into it yet.

      Delete