Weekly Wrap-up: July 28 - August 3

While I didn't read very many actual novels this week, I DID get a couple in the mail, and that made my week 1000 times better than it was before that. And, clearly I went on a graphic novel tear.

Completed:
After Tuesday - Renee Ericson: 3.5 stars. See review here.
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #1) - Rachel Harris: 3.5 stars. Really sweet book. I think it went by a little too fast, but I enjoyed it. Can't wait to read #2, which comes out on Tuesday!
House of Night: Legacy - P.C. Cast, Kristen Cast & a whole lot of artists: 1.5 stars. I really didn't like this. The stories weren't that bad, but the art was horrible. Just really inconsistent and...like, blocky.
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson & the Olympians Graphic Novels #2) - Rick Riordan, Robert Venditti, Attila Futaki, & Tamas Gaspar: 2 stars. Not a bad adaptation. Again, I just didn't really like the art.
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code graphic novel (Artemis Fowl Graphic Novels #3) - Eoin Colfer, Andrew Donkin, Giovanni Rigano, & Paolo Lamanna: 5 stars. Love the adaptation, love the art.

Currently Reading:
Transparent - Natalie Whipple
A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2) - Rachel Harris

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Pivot Point - Kasie West

ARC:
Racing Savannah - Miranda Kenneally. I am a HUGE fan of Miranda's. Part of it is that she writes about Middle Tennessee, which is home, and part is that I just love her stories. Romance + cute boys + sports = I love it. SO excited to get this book!

contest win:
Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson

2 comments:

  1. Pivot Point looks so good. I've been seeing it around on a lot of blogs so I'm definitely going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasie Westis coming to Dallas this week so I wanted to read it before I meet her.

      Delete