Weekly Wrap-up: August 4-10

Very quiet week as far as reading, sadly. I know I've been a parrot these past couple weeks, but I'm really sick of work. Ready for this madness to be over so I can get back to my regularly scheduled reading life!

Completed:
A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2) - Rachel Harris: 4 stars. Very cute and enjoyable. Review forthcoming.
The Dirty Secrets of Markham Savoy (Colebrook Academy #1) - C.C. Dalton: 3 stars. I didn't realize this was actually more of a novella when I read it. I enjoyed it; I just feel like having it be so short is a detriment to the story. Review forthcoming.

Currently Reading:
Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols. I have to reread this once a year. Have to. I need my annual Johnafter fix!
Transparent - Natalie Whipple. I have enjoyed this book so far, but I just have no time to finish!

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Sweet Venom & Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #1 & #2) - Tera Lynn Childs

Bought:
Mila 2.0 (Mila 2.0 #1) - Debra Driza
Let the Sky Fall (Sky Fall #1) - Shannon Messenger
Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) - Kasie West
The Distance Between Us - Kasie West
Reboot (Reboot #1) - Amy Tintera

I found this totally AMAZING used bookstore right down the street from my house. I don't know why it took me so long to go in, but it was amazing! I picked up the following inside:
After: Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia - Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
The Peculiars - Maureen Doyle McQuerry
Undead (Undead #1) - Kirsty McKay
A World Away - Nancy Grossman

DRCs:
Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) - Kiersten White
Her Dark Curiosity (Madman's Daugher #2) - Megan Shepherd
Avalon - Mindee Arnett
The Promise of Amazing - Robin Constantine
Steel Lily (Periodic Series #1) - Megan Curd

Contest/giveaway win:
There's No Place Like Home (Secrets of My Hollywood Life #6) - Jen Calonita (signed!)
Windchaser & Windfall (Phantom Island #1 & #2) - Krissi Dallas (also signed!). Thanks to Alex @ Peace Love and Fangirl for the contest!

2 comments:

  1. Great book haul this week. Hope you enjoy reading Steel Lily, I finished it last week and my review went up yesterday.

    Relatively new BlogLovin' follower.

    -Maria @ Reading the Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was very fortunate this week! I'm really looking forward to Steel Lily. It looks great, and I'm really into steampunk-type reads right now. Thank you for the follow, Maria! I followed you back! :)

      Delete